||[Dec. 14th, 2006|07:00 am]
Now that I have your attention, I need your help!
For my SPA Class ISU (Final Project), I have to give out a Survey and get enough responses in by... Friday. Could you take a couple minutes to fill this out for me, pretty please? <33333
Survey on Homosexuality
This is an anonymous, confidential survey being conducted for a Highschool Sociology, Phsychology, Anthropology class. The purpose of this survey is to better understand the way teenagers accept and understand homosexuals, and the challenges gay teens face at school. Again, this is totally anonymous and completely confidential, and partaking in this survey is completely optional.
Discrimination: Treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality or prejudice. For example, kicking a gay man off a sports team because he’s a “fairy”.
Hate Crime: A crime, usually violent in nature, that violates the victim's civil rights and that is motivated by hostility to the victim's race, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender.
For example, chasing, stalking, beating or even killing someone because of their sexual orientation.
Male [ ] Female [ ]
Straight [ ] Bi [ ] Gay [ ]
Single [ ] Casually dating [ ] In a long-term relationship [ ]
Age: 11-13 [ ] 14-16 [ ] 17-19 [ ] 19+ [ ]
1. Have you ever discriminated against someone based on their sexual orientation?
2. Have you ever been discriminated against based on your sexual orientation?
3. Have you ever witnessed an act of discrimination based on sexual orientation? Explain.
4. Have you ever witnessed a hate crime? Explain.
5. Do you believe that homosexuals should be allowed to… (Check all that apply)
[ ] Get Married
[ ] Adopt
[ ] Serve in the military
6. Do you believe people become gay… (Check all that apply)
[ ] Because they choose to be
[ ] Because they are experimenting
[ ] Because of a chemical imbalance in the brain
[ ] Because their parents raised them wrong
[ ] Because their parents are gay
[ ] Because their friends are gay
7. Would two people of the same gender kissing… (Check all that apply)
[ ] Gross you out
[ ] Not phaze you
[ ] Excite you
8. Why do you think people are unaccepting of others with different sexual tastes? (Check all that apply)
[ ] They are afraid of being hit on by a gay person
[ ] They are afraid of turning gay
[ ] They think it is “not natural”, a “sin”, etc.
[ ] They don’t want their friends to think they are gay
9. Do you think common gay steriotypes, such as flamboyantly gay men working in theatre, and butch lesbians working in the auto shop are good for society? Explain.
10. If you are straight, would you be comfortable with a gay joining your social group? Or, similarly, if you are gay, would you be comfortable with a straight joining your group?
Thank you for your time.
Comments are screened, of course. I'd really appreciate if you could do this. <3